Effective January 1, 2018, if you are providing any therapeutic services to clients via technology services (think email, phone, video conference) you must have completed 15 hours of training in best practices and ethics. Many of us already offer some services electronically and will need to become compliant with board requirements as soon as possible. HAMFT has partnered with HGI to offer the required 15 hours of training to HAMFT members at a substantial discount. This training will be offered at this rate through HAMFT this one time only. However, HGI will continue to offer this training in the future at the regular rate. See below for more details.
Adriana Gil-Wilkerson, M.S., LMFT-Supervisor
Sue Levin, Ph.D., LPC-Supervisor, LMFT-Supervisor
Stephanie Gabel-Zepeda, Ph.D., LMFT, LPC
The potential to use technology assisted services (TAS) in the practice of therapy, supervision, and learning has grown exponentially and continues to grow daily. This ability to serve in exciting new ways also comes with new issues and responsibilities that need to be addressed to ensure that we are using best practices with TAS. This training will address these issues and prepare you to implement technology easily and ethically into your practices.
Attendees can expect to:
- · Review new board rules in Texas about TAS
- · Explore creative ways to engage clients using TAS
- · Learn about variety of platform options
- · Experience online engagement
- · Understand how to manage crisis situations
- · Learn how to update forms appropriately to incorporate TAS
- · Discuss potential boundary issues with TAS
- · Learn how to set up your optimum TAS work space
- · Examine aspects of TAS etiquette
- · Identify methods of payment using TAS
- · Learn troubleshooting strategies when using TAS
Tentative Schedule of this multi-day training*:
Friday, January 19th from 9:00 to 5:00 pm (in person)
Saturday, January 20th from 9:00 to 4:00 pm (in person)
Cost Per Person
Location of In-Person Training
Bo’s Place (to be confirmed)
This training will provide 15 CEUs, with 3 hours of ethics. In the event there is insufficient interest in this training, it will be cancelled. Please help us bring you this training at this price by registering as soon as possible.